Job Title: Scholar Shop Tutor
About this Position:
The Scholar Shop Tutor’s primary role is to participate in fulfilling the mission of Workshop Houston: to provide youth with creative, technical, and educational resources. As Scholar Shop Tutor, you will have an integral role in supporting our students, academically and personally, and helping them connect their experience at Workshop Houston with what they are doing in school and in life. To achieve this, you will be: 1) to provide academic support, tutoring and educational enrichment activities for our students and 2) serving and tracking meals from The Houston Food Bank.
About Workshop Houston:
See our website at www.workshophouston.org for more details.
Scholar Shop Operation
- Act as a responsible and positive role model at all times; be a leader in creating constructive learning environment in the Scholar Shop.
- Keep Scholar Shop clean, organized and stocked, including managing your annual equipment and materials budget.
- Serve Daily meals from The Houston Food Bank and document service
- Work with volunteers and guest artists who may participate in the Scholar Shop’s programs.
- Plan and coordinate periodic educational workshops and activities in the Scholar Shop to give students a sense of the fascinating breadth of knowledge in the world.
- Keep all student attendance and other program data recorded and up-to-date in accordance to program policies.
- Collect report cards/progress reports from all students at each grading period for student evaluations. Use this information to help students succeed in areas where they are struggling.
- Help develop a positive peer community where education is a way of life.
- Other activities as assigned or taken on and approved by the CEO.
- Represent Workshop Houston positively and convey our mission
*College Students and Teachers encouraged to apply
This is a part time position for 25/hrs a week. You must be able to work 2:30 pm until 7:30 pm Monday – Friday.